02 April 2007

No Righteousness of Mine

This is a hymn by the contemporary American hymnwriter Neil Barham which was sung at my baptism service six months ago.
It is full of truth and expresses Christ's atoning power in ways which are -I think - best expressed in song.
We need more hymns like this

Tune: Darwell's 148 (66.66.448)

No righteousness of mine
Can stand before the Throne,
But Christ’s own perfect works are now my very own!
In Christ I’m free!
The Cross of Christ made peace with God for even me!

The holy law of God
That once declared my death
Now whispers “All is well” with Jesus’ dying breath!
Once dead, now raised!
His glorious Cross puts Death to death! Let Christ be praised!

Now Sinai holds no fear!
Its fiery curses fade,
Outshined by rays of grace in Calv’ry’s love displayed!
In worship, fall!
Adore the Son of God whose outpoured blood heals all!

© 2005 Neil Barham

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My Dear Mr. Surtees,

I was both surprised and amused to stumble accidentally upon my own hymn here on your blog. Thank you for your kind words. As far as I know, none of my works are published anywhere but Cyber Hymnal, and that is a rather crowded place. How in the world did you ever find me?

At any rate, I am very glad you found my little work useful. If you ever want to have a little chat, call me in the United States at 305-244-0681 or email me at jneilbarham@yahoo.com. Love to hear from you!

Neil

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home